Sunday 1 December 2013

Sunday Special Smiles & Food

It was one of those Sundays when I wanted to keep it simple, delicious, healthy and heart-warming all at the same time. And looks like I did manage a bit of everything this afternoon with compliments as brownie points! 

Rotis are a staple for me and today was one day I wanted to ditch them for something else. And what else than Amma's quickest and yummylicious recipe for the rescue! Ingredients checked, and so did the interest of those at home.
Sunday Special Kerala-inspired spread!

That's when I sprung into action into the kitchen and a Kerala-special vegetarian lunch was up and ready in half hour!! It was a sumptuous mix of the Eruvali Kuzhambu, Brown Rice, Potato Fry, tasty Tapioca Papad and Curd. Heavenly, delicious and and enjoyable Sunday lunch - a favourite with my family and the cherry on the cake was the husband complimenting me saying it tasted closest to what he has eaten back at home in Trivandrum while he was growing up! I s imply couldn't have asked for a better Sunday! Need I say more? Here's a pic of my humble little Sunday spread. :-) 

How did you make your weekend special?

Ready to take on the week ahead with some interesting, healthy recipes... Watch out the space for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment